Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Git Sync Plugin error ”fatal: empty ident name (for ) not allowed"

first-time

Solved by João Ribeiro Vaz View solution

Started by João Ribeiro Vaz 4 years ago · 2 replies · 1805 views
4 years ago

Hi! I have a problem with the Git Sync plugin: it always returns this error fatal: empty ident name (for ) not allowed when trying to synchronise the repository. It was working before , I setup it up 6 months ago.

I have updated Grav and all the plugins (Git Sync did not have an update since last time it was working).

Any ideia how I should try to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

4 years ago Solution

Update on this issue: somehow my git-sync configuration had been erased:

  • Folders to sync
  • Git repository
  • Git user

It worked great after completing this information. 👍

👍 1

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Plugins · by complanar, 6 days ago
6 265 2 days ago
Plugins · by BenLaKnet, 3 days ago
1 97 3 days ago
Plugins · by complanar, 4 weeks ago
2 415 3 weeks ago
Plugins · by Vladimir Novak, 2 months ago
3 706 2 months ago
Plugins · by Mathieu Lecouturier, 2 months ago
3 545 2 months ago