Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

How to restrict access of admin users to certain subpages

admin

Solved by Vadym View solution

Started by complanar 4 weeks ago · 2 replies · 414 views
4 weeks ago

I want an admin user only have access to a subpage tree. Imagine the following page structure

  • /home
  • /foo
    • /foobar
  • /bar

I want one special user to only have access to /foo/foobar but not to any of the other sites. How can this be made possible? I tried everything i can think of (different types of groups, access inheritance on and off on both /foo and /foo/foobar, even the creation of root.md (which does not show up anywhere in admin when i login with api.super) but the recipe from https://learn.getgrav.org/17/admin-panel/page/permissions seems to do not work anymore with Grav 2.0. I'm aware that such a help page is not available if you switch the documentation to Grav 2.0. Is this not possible anymore?

Maybe I am mistaken at some point. Or I did not understand the concept of ACL, CRUD and access in Grav admin at all.

What I accomplished is, that the user can only edit this single page, but he still can read every other page. Is there a kind of page mounting point?

last edited 09/16/26 by complanar
3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for that clarification. I did not find that by a web search.

👍 1

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Plugins · by complanar, 6 days ago
6 262 2 days ago
Plugins · by BenLaKnet, 3 days ago
1 93 3 days ago
Plugins · by Vladimir Novak, 2 months ago
3 705 2 months ago
Plugins · by Mathieu Lecouturier, 2 months ago
3 544 2 months ago
Plugins · by Slebeig, 3 months ago
1 658 3 months ago