Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Replace logo using Quark child theme

Started by Joanne Masterson 7 years ago · 2 replies · 4025 views
7 years ago

Hello
I have been reading through every post I can find on replacing the logo in the Quark theme.

It's recommended to do this in a child theme, so I have one set up and working according to the documentation on theme inheritance here.

Do I do something to:
user/themes/mytheme/templates/partials/base.html.twig

I am using a .png logo and not an .svg file.

What do I do now in the child folder to change the logo?

The one I want to add is a little larger than the Quark Grav logo so advice appreciated.

Thank you.

7 years ago

@jmaster To replace the default logo provided by Quark, you could do the following in you own child theme's folder:

  • Go to "user/themes/your-child-theme"
  • Create folder "/images/logo"
  • Copy your logo inside the new folder
  • Edit "your-child-theme.yaml" and add the following variable:
    TXT
    custom_logo:
     - name: your-child-logo.png
    

Open your website in the browser and you should see your own logo. The size of the logo can be altered to your liking using css.

6 years ago

Hi pamtbaau,
I have performed these tasks, modified the "quark.yaml" file as indicated, I have deleted the Firefox cache, but I still get the original Grav logo.
Do you have another idea, or do you need a copy of some of my files ?

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Themes & Styling · by FrViPofm, 2 weeks ago
4 395 6 days ago
Themes & Styling · by johan thomas, 5 years ago
1 752 2 weeks ago
Themes & Styling · by stuart young, 2 months ago
3 609 2 months ago
Themes & Styling · by Sebadamus, 2 months ago
5 622 2 months ago
Themes & Styling · by martynfoster735, 2 months ago
1 595 2 months ago