Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Specify redirects at Page level

Started by Daniele Dore 7 years ago · 3 replies · 1275 views
7 years ago

Hi,
is it possible to set one or more redirects (301) directly inside the YAML file that defines a page?
I've read the guide and I can do it at the Site level, but I would need to set it directly in the default.md file of the page and I do not understand if it can be done.

Thank you and congratulations on this fantastic CMS!

7 years ago

Hello daniele, I don't think it's possible that way. What you can do however is specifiy arbitrary redirects under config > site > redirects & routes. Does that help?

7 years ago
YAML
redirect: <url>

Unless you mean specifying the redirect type. That I'm not sure of.

7 years ago

Thank you for the very quick response.
Yes, I had already set some redirects in the site settings correctly, but because I am migrating from an existing static site, it would have been a bit more convenient to insert the redirect directly into .md file that represents the new destination page.
I thought that maybe it could be done but I had not yet discovered how!
Thanks anyway

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Support · by gravinator, 1 month ago
5 452 1 hour ago
Support · by stell, 7 days ago
4 238 5 days ago
Support · by Gravver, 2 weeks ago
6 279 1 week ago
Support · by Marcel, 4 weeks ago
2 338 1 week ago
Support · by blu3prince, 2 weeks ago
1 254 2 weeks ago