Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Delivering Grav content images from a CDN

first-time theme

Started by Easter 7 years ago · 1 replies · 812 views
7 years ago

Hello All,

Although I have tinkered with Grav from time-to-time I am only now getting down to creating my first public facing website driven by Grav. The site in question is being used to showcase an Android game. I have installed and configured Grav and settled on the Big-Picture theme which allows me to showcase the high quality graphics used in the app quite nicely.

No issues thus far - I have the right CMS, the right theme and Grav docs are a big help. However, there is one issue I would like to resolve. That theme, Big Picture, delivers its images of the actual server on which the CMS is hosted. I would like to deliver the images from an external CDN. While I can certainly hack my way to a solution I am wondering - surely there is a way to get Grav to use CDNs to handle bandwidth hungry resources such as images.

A case in point - the gallery modular page on the Big Picture theme uses six images. I would like them to be delivered not from the /var/www/html/user/pages/01.home/_my-work folder on my server but from my CDN proivder. How do I go about doing this?

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Support · by stell, 7 days ago
4 235 5 days ago
Support · by gravinator, 1 month ago
4 441 5 days ago
Support · by Gravver, 2 weeks ago
6 278 1 week ago
Support · by Marcel, 4 weeks ago
2 337 1 week ago
Support · by blu3prince, 2 weeks ago
1 251 2 weeks ago