Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Creating a custom "product" content type?

Started by Varg 7 years ago · 1 replies · 903 views
7 years ago

Let's say I want a web site with various products on it. I know a database driven site might be a better fit for this but if I want to do it in grav, does it have support to create a custom content type such as "Product" with fields like:

Name
Description
Price
Weight

Product is just an example it could be any custom content type.

From what I've read you can put these fields in the header section of a page, is that the best way to do it in grav? I also read something about blueprints, does that apply here?

Is there support for having the data in a json/yaml file and generating the pages on the fly. I wouldn't have a huge amount of items but it would still be 200 to 300 items so creating 200 individual folders and pages seems tedious

last edited 03/22/20 by Varg

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Support · by stell, 7 days ago
5 240 38 minutes ago
Support · by gravinator, 1 month ago
5 454 3 hours ago
Support · by Gravver, 2 weeks ago
6 280 1 week ago
Support · by Marcel, 4 weeks ago
2 338 1 week ago
Support · by blu3prince, 2 weeks ago
1 255 2 weeks ago