Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 1 (near "@extends:")

admin

Solved by Paul Hibbitts View solution

Started by ontime 7 years ago · 2 replies · 3703 views
7 years ago

On /admin/tools/reports Grav Yaml Linter reports issues and for each admin .yaml file that uses @extends I got this error:

TXT
The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 1 (near "@extends:").

I am not a specialist of YAML and I don't know if this is an issue with the linter or my YAML syntax.

I found that @ should be replaced by ~ in the new YAML syntax. Not sure if that applies here, I did try anyway : the linting error was gone, but as was the effect of my .yaml file on its admin form.

Versions: Grav v1.6.11 - Admin v1.9.7

7 years ago Solution

Hi @ontime, I am no expert in this area but in the past I've used single quotes to fix this, for example:

'@extends':

Does that work for you?

7 years ago

@paulhibbitts it worked thank you:
The linting error is gone and the yaml file containing the include still works.

Maybe the Grav documentation should be adapted accordingly?

👍 1

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
General · by lynbor, 3 weeks ago
3 354 3 days ago
General · by lynbor, 1 week ago
7 393 3 days ago
General · by Harry, 3 days ago
0 89 3 days ago
General · by Old Man Umby, 3 weeks ago
2 259 2 weeks ago
General · by jeremycherfas, 3 weeks ago
5 377 2 weeks ago