Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Size down or remove unnecessary files?

Started by Xavier 6 years ago · 1 replies · 639 views
6 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Grav and I found your concept of flat CMS interesting (no database). I'm working in the web since 2004 (Flash) and I worked on with CodeIgniter previously.

I have a question with Grav : is it possible to lower the size by removing extra files ? I just want to make a small site with 2-3 pages with 2-3 pictures (and still easy to edit with MarkDown) but I'm limited to 10 MB of web storage in my project. Which files or which folders are not useful for a very basic website ?

Thanks for any piece of advice !

Best regards,

Xavier

6 years ago

I might be wrong, but you could probably find more suitable tools for that kind of project. A SSG would seem more appropriate to me.

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
General · by lynbor, 3 weeks ago
3 352 3 days ago
General · by lynbor, 1 week ago
7 387 3 days ago
General · by Harry, 3 days ago
0 83 3 days ago
General · by Old Man Umby, 3 weeks ago
2 256 2 weeks ago
General · by jeremycherfas, 3 weeks ago
5 374 2 weeks ago