Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Login Question

plugins

Started by Old Man Umby 3 weeks ago · 2 replies · 255 views
3 weeks ago

This will sound odd, but bear with me. This is a special use case scenario: I want users to be able to have multiple accounts in Grav using the same email address but different usernames (which I believe is separate from the display name in the forums). Thus, they will login with their username and password.

I realize this is odd; trust me, there is a reason. I do not have a current Grav installation to test this out, but I'm sure this is not how the login functions. My question: would it be difficult for me to configure/refactor the Grav Login plugin to handle this? Just curious. Thanks!

3 weeks ago

I just took a look at the GitHub repo for the Login plugin; it seems like this may be possible to do without too much hassle.

2 weeks ago

The main issue i see with this is with recover password.. it would find the first account that matched the email address and assume that was the one you were trying to recover. That's one of the main reasons why you would want to use different emails.

last edited 09/22/26 by Andy Miller

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
General · by lynbor, 3 weeks ago
3 351 2 days ago
General · by lynbor, 1 week ago
7 385 2 days ago
General · by Harry, 3 days ago
0 82 3 days ago
General · by jeremycherfas, 3 weeks ago
5 373 2 weeks ago
General · by Sebastian, 3 weeks ago
1 261 3 weeks ago