Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Email from Grav WITHOUT using forms

Started by Thomas Green 7 years ago · 2 replies · 632 views
7 years ago

I want Grav to email me when certain events happens (eg, we sell 100 items). I want this to be autonomous, rather than the user having to click something like a Submit button (as in a form). Is that possible?

I'm not going to write a plugin, that's far too complex for someone like me.

7 years ago

Yes it's possible. If you want such specific features, it's going to have to be a plugin though. A very simple one :) I think it's a long shot to expect something out of the box like this.

Good luck!

7 years ago

Thanks Hughbris.

Regrettably my skills and courage falter when I read the instructions for building a plugin - I’m not much of a techie. So I'll put that idea aside for now.

Yes, it was a long shot, but you never know; there are some Grav docs that don't seem to be covered by the docs yet, so I was just hoping.

Thanks again.

👍 1

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
General · by lynbor, 3 weeks ago
3 352 3 days ago
General · by lynbor, 1 week ago
7 387 3 days ago
General · by Harry, 3 days ago
0 83 3 days ago
General · by Old Man Umby, 3 weeks ago
2 256 2 weeks ago
General · by jeremycherfas, 3 weeks ago
5 374 2 weeks ago