Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

cropResize does not work on certain webservers

Started by Sergi 3 years ago · 3 replies · 480 views
3 years ago

I'm using grav on Gandi.net webserver, and cropResize works well.
But I want to change our webserver provider. I tried Hostgator, Cloudways and Fastcomet. Booth of them cropResize function does not work, even with the GD library installed and active.

  • Anyone has experience on this? Because I find very strange that this does not work on any of these hosting companies.

  • Any suggestion for a good webserver hosting?

Thanks.

3 years ago

Hello! I use Grav on Hostgator and I can confirm cropResize works fine for me. Are you getting any errors either in the Grav logs or the webserver?

That said, I cannot recommend Hostgator as a hosting company, they refuse to upgrade PHP past 7.4 despite repeated emails that they are "working on it".

But to your question:

  • I have not experienced this. Do you get this behavior when you run Grav in standalone? (ie. bin/grav server?

  • I have other sites on HostRocket and I like their service much better. Their tech support is more responsive and they keep their servers updated more regularly. + cropResize works there too

👍 1
last edited 03/25/24 by Jeffrey Robbins
3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your information. I do not know what should be going wrong. But I will give a try again...

2 years ago

If you can configure the environment of your server, especially the php environment, you should be able to add the necessary libraries required for image manipulation.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 05.09.07|690x395

Take a look into Tools/Reports via Admin and check if gd is available...

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
General · by lynbor, 3 weeks ago
3 351 2 days ago
General · by lynbor, 1 week ago
7 385 3 days ago
General · by Harry, 3 days ago
0 82 3 days ago
General · by Old Man Umby, 3 weeks ago
2 256 2 weeks ago
General · by jeremycherfas, 3 weeks ago
5 374 2 weeks ago