Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Clueless about custom.css on production server

Solved by Sebastian View solution

Started by Sebastian 3 weeks ago · 1 replies · 261 views
3 weeks ago

Hi everybody.

I am having a strange issue with my custom.css and am completely clueless of why the following behavior occurs:

I am running the latest GRAV version, with the Quark2 theme. And created (locally first) a custom.css. Using GRAV's local development webserver, everything works just fine.

When pushing to my production webserver (I am using git), the custom.css is correctly uploaded, to ../user/themes/quark2/css/custom.css (should be obvious, because it is located in the same dir on my development server; just posting it so that you can follow my thoughts).

However, after reloading (and even restarting) my Apache webserver + clearing GRAV's cache, the custom.css is not served. Such is, that when I manually surf to ../user/themes/quark2/css/custom.css, the custom.css is empty (aside from the default comments at the beginning of the file).

For me, I'd think there is still some uncleared cache left somewhere, but right now, I have no clue what else to look for. Or am just momentarily blocked :joy:

Production server is running Apache2 webserver on Debian.

Thanks in advance for any hints!
Sebastian

last edited 09/11/26 by Sebastian
3 weeks ago Solution

Definitively a caching problem - sorry everybody.
Consider this solved.

Regards,
Sebastian

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
General · by lynbor, 3 weeks ago
3 351 2 days ago
General · by lynbor, 1 week ago
7 385 2 days ago
General · by Harry, 3 days ago
0 82 3 days ago
General · by Old Man Umby, 3 weeks ago
2 256 2 weeks ago
General · by jeremycherfas, 3 weeks ago
5 374 2 weeks ago