Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

>15 minutes downtime whenever anything changes

apache

Solved by jeremycherfas View solution

Started by jeremycherfas 3 weeks ago · 5 replies · 373 views
3 weeks ago

First off, Grav 2.0 is really great, fast and snappy and the new admin page is much more useful.

The problem is, whenever I update anything at all -- a new page, the core, a plugin -- my site becomes unresponsive for 15 minutes or more. It is hosted by Hetzner on a managed server and when it is up responds quickly.

I don't know where to start looking to troubleshoot. Hetzner blames Grav for rebuilding caches, and maybe it is that. The Grav logs show critical errors

Maximum execution time of 240 seconds exceeded. Trace: #0 [internal function]: Grav\Common\Errors\Errors::{closure:Grav\Common\Errors\Errors::resetHandlers():70}() #1 {main}

What I find odd is that these critical errors are less than 240 seconds apart. There can be 2 or 3 such critical errors every minute for 15 minutes or more, and then the suddenly resolves itself.

It is as if Grav keeps trying to do something despite running out of time repeatedly. Caching is on and the Cache Check Interval is set to 2 seconds.

All ideas as to how I can fix the problem gratefully received.

Thanks

Jeremy

last edited 09/11/26 by jeremycherfas
3 weeks ago

Don't think you're an idiot... I guess nobody will select a section, but will instead pick 'New posts'. Hence 60 members have read the post, which is average.

This question might be too specific for members to answer and there is too little information (eg. number of pages, images, etc). The lead developer is more active on github and discord. You might want to create an issue on Github to get the attention of the lead developer.

last edited 09/15/26 by pamtbaau
3 weeks ago

Fair point; thanks. Funny, but I came here precisely because I thought that the issue was too specific for an issue on GitHub. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

2 weeks ago

Please reply to this post and provide a link to the Github issue and mark the new post as "solution". That way, others will know the status of the post and can read the solution.

Sharing knowledge is a two-way street...

Thanks.

last edited 09/19/26 by pamtbaau

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
General · by lynbor, 3 weeks ago
3 351 2 days ago
General · by lynbor, 1 week ago
7 385 2 days ago
General · by Harry, 3 days ago
0 82 3 days ago
General · by Old Man Umby, 3 weeks ago
2 255 2 weeks ago
General · by Sebastian, 3 weeks ago
1 261 3 weeks ago