Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Starting to look into Grav for WP replacement

Started by Ray P (for ICA Surabaya) 9 years ago · 2 replies · 1368 views
9 years ago

Hi guys,

I stumbled into grav while looking at WP Frameworks and found Gantry which leads me to GRAV.
I am redesigning / rebuilding a site using WP but was captured by the rapidness of Grav. There are some things about grav that I will be trying out before deciding. This is a church website so will have the usual blog / podcast / article / information contents.

One thing I'm looking at is the ability to add google calendar to grav which I haven't found. Need to just display them and format them. Is there any plugins for this? Or should I connect to timekit.io like the others have done? Any other way to just import them to 'pages'?

Any help would be appreciated.

  • Ray
9 years ago

There's plenty of ways to integrate google calendar with a PHP-based app like Grav. For example: https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/quickstart/php

I don't think there's a calendar plugin available, but I've done a similar integration for other clients. It's pretty easy to create a plugin that can pull a from Google calendar and display the results with a nicely integrated look and feel.

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Support · by stell, 7 days ago
5 240 39 minutes ago
Support · by gravinator, 1 month ago
5 454 3 hours ago
Support · by Gravver, 2 weeks ago
6 280 1 week ago
Support · by Marcel, 4 weeks ago
2 338 1 week ago
Support · by blu3prince, 2 weeks ago
1 255 2 weeks ago