Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Scoping CSS to showcase styled components

Started by Tim Briscoe 9 years ago · 2 replies · 758 views
9 years ago

I am building a style guide using Grav. I'd like to show examples of styled components by referencing an external stylesheet—but without override the Grav's own styles. Something like:

Here is an example of preferred table styling:

(Show html code)

(Show styled example using above html combined with external css)

In other words, the scope of the style would be limited to the component examples. I initially thought iframes for each example was the way to go. That's probably untenable.

Can anyone think of a better way to build this concept?

9 years ago

Don't think its possible without the iframe, only if you add maybe a custom class infront of the external css and then you call it here that could work?

9 years ago

Thank you for the response. I do think a custom class is the way to go.

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Support · by stell, 7 days ago
5 240 37 minutes ago
Support · by gravinator, 1 month ago
5 454 3 hours ago
Support · by Gravver, 2 weeks ago
6 280 1 week ago
Support · by Marcel, 4 weeks ago
2 338 1 week ago
Support · by blu3prince, 2 weeks ago
1 255 2 weeks ago