Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Remove jQuery (and other assets)?

Started by Waldemar Pross 8 years ago · 2 replies · 903 views
8 years ago

I am trying to build a very minimalistic and fast website. At the moment bootstrap, jQuery and fontawesome are the biggest resources, not counting images. Whilst I am still deciding whether to use bootstrap, jQuery seems to be core part of Grav.

What is jQuery used for in Grav?
Can I safely remove it?
I know jQuery is used by many other libraries / plugins, but is it required for Grav to work properly?
Or only if the theme / plugins need it?

Thanks!

8 years ago

Grav core doesn't need it unless you're using the debug bar (if I remember correctly). It's theme related.

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Support · by stell, 7 days ago
4 235 5 days ago
Support · by gravinator, 1 month ago
4 441 5 days ago
Support · by Gravver, 2 weeks ago
6 278 1 week ago
Support · by Marcel, 4 weeks ago
2 337 1 week ago
Support · by blu3prince, 2 weeks ago
1 251 2 weeks ago