Skip to content
● Grav 2.2 is out: 2x faster cold starts and 96% less memory on big sites. Read the announcement →

Can I display pdfs from an AWS S3 bucket on a Grav page?

Solved by Dafydd Roberts View solution

Started by Dafydd Roberts 7 years ago · 1 replies · 1255 views
7 years ago

I am new to Grav.

I would like to display pdfs from an AWS S3 bucket on a Grav page. (Due to Limited space for pdfs on host).

How would I accomplish this?

Being (very) slow is unlikely to be an issue.

(I've configured the appropriate AWS ‘Permissions’ and 'CORS Configuration’ and can access the pdf file as gobbledygook - but need to be able to view it)

Thanks in advance

Dafydd

7 years ago Solution

Hi all,

This is probably a well trodden path, but for anyone else similarly stuck I resolved it by using the docs.google <iframe> method.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/gview?url=https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/bucketname/folder/yourfile.pdf&embedded=true" style="width:600px; height:300px;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Cheers

Dafydd

👍 1
last edited 05/01/19 by Dafydd Roberts

Suggested topics

Topic Participants Replies Views Activity
Support · by stell, 7 days ago
4 235 5 days ago
Support · by gravinator, 1 month ago
4 441 5 days ago
Support · by Gravver, 2 weeks ago
6 278 1 week ago
Support · by Marcel, 4 weeks ago
2 337 1 week ago
Support · by blu3prince, 2 weeks ago
1 251 2 weeks ago